Wednesday, 9 February 2011

i am back!

I am receiving complaints....and i can imagine it being frustrating to always check and never discover anything new....So, here you are: finally a new post! :-) I am sorry...and yes, i know...i already told you last time that i should improve myself in writing regularly...So, now I am shamefully writing my first post after a looong time.
I have been looking at Mary's blog yesterday, she posts a photo a day. I think it is a fantastic idea...maybe something i will try to do myself.

Since the 18th January Denise and I are staying at „beena home stay“: the best home stay in town! If you ever come to Kochi, stay at beena home stay! (ranked 2nd on tripadvisor.com! :) )We love staying here. Beena and her husband Sudi adopted us. They make breakfast and dinner and always give us something for lunch: plenty of food!!! Good, local, indian food, but too much!!! And we will be having a hard time back in Eindhoven to adjust to cooking for ourselves. It's quite a life to be cooked for!! Makes you become very quickly, very lazy! Sometimes i miss it to be able to cook myself and eat whenever we want to. But actually it is quite a good practice for me: for once try to learn to have regular meals at set times.
Beena and Sudis granddaughter is staying with them: Krishna. She is 10 months old. A very, very cute girl who enjoys to entertain – and be entertained by the guests. And for us it is great to see a child with a normal development!
They have 6 rooms which they rent out to tourists – means Denise and I always meet new people from all over the world. Most of them stay for 2 to 3 nights. I already have a hard time to remember all the guests who we met until now. But it is always interesting and special people! Maybe one of the most exciting ones was a physio from Canada. We always become excited when meeting other physiotherapists and he told us, he does too!! He's been working for 2 years now! I thought it was funny to hear that once you start with working life you are still so excited about physiotherapy and physiotherapists – I always thought that it was a student thing :)
There is one British couple here, they are staying for a month, which is quite nice for us to have at least some “stable” people staying with us.
We enjoy our stay here, are being very well looked after by beena and sudi and enjoy meeting new people everyday.
Denise and I each bought a 3G stick: means 24/7 access to the internet! Jipiiiii!!! So, no excuses for me to write plenty of posts and keep you busy with reading them ;-)
But our best and most important purchase so far: Bicycles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Juchaaaay!!! Denise borrowed one from our neighbors, I bought mine second hand! These simple but wonderful things added to much quality of life here ;-) it's like buying a piece of freedom: it's so easy now to get around and it is so great to feel the air brushing your face when speeding up on chaotic indian roads :-) I have so many new photos...but for now i will introduce to you: our bicycles!!

Denise at night in kochi on a busy street with our two bikes!

1 comment:

  1. wonderful to have you back amongst the writing population! it is so interesting to hear about life in india,with or without adventures and a photo or message a day sounds like a great idea.
    keep cool, love,mama xxx

    ReplyDelete