Sunday, 16 January 2011

this and that and some photos

I am frustrated: why is there only one post shown at a time on this blog?? And how do i create a picasa-photo stream thing?? Does anyone know an answer to this? Papa, I will be calling you later ;-) And I am sure there are so many more nice things what I could do to make this page more interesting....but until now I didn't take the time to look in to it....a job to do when I become bored :)

Denise and I are having a relaxed weekend in fort kochi. We have met some very nice people! It is great to have more contacts here and to have found some trustable, fun, young people who join us for a drink on a saturday night ;)
On tuesday we will move to a new home-stay. This is where my family stayed for the first few nights in fort kochi. A lovely place run by wonderful people who already made us feel at home although we are not even living there yet. Until then we have to work on eating our foods and packing our suitcase. We are very much looking forward to move there soon, but there are some minor disadvantages: no 24/7 internet access, no kitchen we can use, no fridge and my phone is not working in our bedroom. BUT we will be able to experience more of an indian life, hopefully we will be able to help in the kitchen and learn how to make the traditional keralan foods and we will have nicer people around us, including a bunch of tourists every week from many different countries.

As I mentioned in my last post, last week we went to the beach! It was cleaner and more quiet than I had expected! We arrived at around 1pm. But at 3pm suddenly big crowds of indians arrived. Indians don't wear bathing pants or suits....they swim with normal clothes! Women in their beautiful saris, men in lungis and t-shirts. I am very curious how they get home afterward without flooding the bus or car..?!?! It must be so uncomfortable!
Here a few photos:











On our way to the beach we had to take a ferry, a bus and walk for 20 minutes. While we were walking along the rural roads cannelle, the french girl joining us, saw an old building with strange sounds coming from it. It was an old hall with women weaving fabrics for saris and lungis. We went inside and took some photos: Very impressive, monotonous and physically challenging work, creating the most beautiful fabrics!





Cannelle and Denise - on our way to the beach
















I also told you about my trip to alleppey on the scooter in my last post. Here are some pictures I took.



















it is nice to see the chinses fishing nets being really used by locals and not being used for simply tourist attraction



on the road



washing his clothes







birthday child enjoying the sea: just a minute before the dolphin arrived :)



And here one last picture. I took it on the boat back form ernakulam to fort kochi: Can anyone guess why we chose to sit like this???






YES!!! It's cockroaches (kakerlaken)!!! All over the floor!! We weren't very keen on having them sit on our feet....

1 comment:

  1. Meetingpoint in our dreams: up in heaven on a green cloud :-)
    Was so nice to talk to you :-*

    ReplyDelete