I am sitting on the train to düsseldorf airport – my first step on my way to cochin. Juchaaaay :-)
I am delighted by this technology...sitting with a mini-laptop ( i think those things have a name...lapbook?) on the train, being able to type. The weather is a perfect good-bye weather, snowy landscapes, blue sky, sunshine. I can't imagine being in 30°C this time tomorrow....
I had a great 'vacation' week at home in between the two clinical affiliations. As usual my mum was a perfect host, taking good care of me, including making the best foods on earth. Thank you!!!!! I am very happy I could meet some wonderful friends and neighbours. Especially my regular meet and greet with daniel a.k.a. dr. ox in WEZ hahahah.
I will tell you a little story: Everytime in the last year when I am in minden one day in the evening I go to our local supermarket 'wez'. Often just going there to look at some german food (...yeah I know i'm stupid :) ) And EVERYTIME I go there I meet dr ox (yes and you can be honoured to be mentioned in my blog ;) ). This time I just passed that place and I thought to myself, on my way back I should go inside, I will probably meet dr ox and tadaaaaaaaaaaaaaa guess whom I met??? dr ox. Buying pizza for dinner. What is this? The law of attraction? No idea....but very curious indeed :-)
Okay, that was a little story in between, back to where I am now. On the train. Right now stopping at hamm in westfalen AAAAAAAAAAAAA and NOW the train is packed....although the laptop (or whatever it's called) is tiny....it's getting crowded here.
I feel I am perfectly prepared for the 4 months :-) I have my flight ticket, my passport, my visa. I love travelling with a suitcase and rucksack (hand luggage) It's so nice to see these rather small bags and know, all I need is in these bags. Compact and 'übersichtlich'. Actually we don't need much for living. Some good clothes and a BIG pack of “rei in der tube” (washing detergant) :-)
One thing I would miss on the long run are my books ...but nowadays this could be solved very easily too...scan them in and read them on a e-reader or I pad or something like that...no need of much luggage anymore nowadays. There are so many smart travel equipments... Only problem technology hasn't solved yet...how do I fit my family and friends in my suitcase??
My leg is getting warm as I am almost cuddling with my seat neighbour....good opportunity for me to practice for india:-)
Now we are stopping at dortmund hbf and my seat neighbour is leaving again...my leg is getting cold.... Time for me to stop typing. I will be back soon!
Only three weeks ago i was standing at this exact spot at terminal C on Dussledorf aiport looking for my 14:40h flight to Istanbul...today i am taking the 14:40h flight to Dubai. I love looking at these boards, imagining where all those people go to...and always being a little jealous. Today i am going to DUBAI. Becoming VERY excited here :-) (Although, i am also very tempted to go to gate C36 instead of C44 and try to smuggle myself on the plane to Istanbul ;-) )
Dubai airport - shopping paradise. This photo i took from the rainforest/water fall place in midst of dubai airport. It even smells like rainforest :-) You can also have a shower or a work-out or relax in the airport spa and fitness center. I think they even might have swimming pool there? A task for me to dicover on the return flight.
Dubai airport - shopping paradise. This photo i took from the rainforest/water fall place in midst of dubai airport. It even smells like rainforest :-) You can also have a shower or a work-out or relax in the airport spa and fitness center. I think they even might have swimming pool there? A task for me to dicover on the return flight.
Ja, was du mit dir trägst ist ein Laptop, ganz normal, nur etwas kleiner als normal.
ReplyDelete